Computer Forensics & Investigation
This is a 3-day course. Computer crimes happen! Evidence can be found on freshly formatted hard drives, cell phones, and even digital cameras. The rate of fraud, abuse and downright criminal activity on IT systems is alarming.
This course focuses not only on forensic recovery techniques but on ensuring what the examiner finds will be admitted in court. Both sound examination and evidence handling procedures are taught. The examiner, not the forensic tool used, must qualify as an expert witness. An understanding of how to articulate what evidence forensic tools uncover is critical.
What you’ll learn
- How secure are your critical business processes and vital information from unauthorized intrusion
- Learn how to find traces of illegal or illicit activities left on disk with computer forensics tools and manual techniques
- Learn how to recover data intentionally hidden or encrypted by perpetrators
- Learn how to prove who perpetrated an intrusion
- Learn how to create an effective computer crime policy, and gain the hands-on skills to implement it.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for Information Security Officers, Directors and Managers, Internal Auditors, Finance Managers, Risk Managers, Information Technology Auditors, Managers and Staff, Network Security Managers and Administrators, Security Managers, Local Area Network Administrators, Technical Support Staff, System Administrators, Others charged with various security responsibilities