Deploying and Managing Windows 10 Using Enterprise Services
This 5-day course provides administrators with the knowledge and skills necessary to deploy and manage Windows 10 desktops, devices, and applications in an enterprise environment. Students learn how to plan and implement Windows 10 deployments in large organizations. Students also learn how to manage the Windows 10 installations after deployment to provide secure identity and data access using technologies related to Group Policy, Remote Access, and device registration. To support a variety of device and data management solutions, Microsoft Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Intune, and Microsoft Azure Rights Management are introduced. These services are part of the Enterprise Mobility Suite, which provides identity and access management, and cloud-based device, application, and update management. In addition, Enterprise Mobility Suite offers more secure data access to information stored both in the cloud and on location within corporate networks.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 10 desktop and application deployments, and in managing cloud-based application and data service environments for medium-to-large enterprise organizations. These professionals typically work with networks that are configured as Windows Server domain-based environments with managed access to the Internet and cloud services. This course also is intended to provide skills for individuals who seek to pass the 70-697 Configuring Windows Devices exam.
What you’ll learn
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the challenges and solutions for desktop and device management in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy Windows 10 Enterprise desktops.
- Manage user profiles and user state virtualization.
- Manage desktop and application settings by using Group Policy.
- Manage Windows 10 sign-in and identity.
- Manage data access for Windows-based devices.
- Manage remote access solutions.
- Manage Windows 10 devices by using enterprise mobility solutions.
- Manage desktop and mobile clients by using Intune.
- Manage updates and Endpoint Protection by using Intune.
- Manage application and resource access by using Intune.
- Configure and manage client Hyper-V.
Students should have at least two years of experience in the IT field and should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles
- Windows Server 2012 R2 fundamentals
- Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 7 and/or Windows 8.1