About the course
The main aim of this course is to share the necessary skills for participants to produce well-structured business reports that engage the reader. This is an interactive one-day report writing training course for business reports, run by a written communications skills expert.
AeRC report writing training teaches participants how to write informative and effective reports which are compelling, persuasive and easily understood. Participants will also learn how to plan, organise their objectives, structure, construct arguments and summarise their content effectively.
This business report writing course is ideal for anyone who has to write or contribute to business reports, proposals, white papers or other types of written business communication. Depending on your industry and nature of the business, we are able to help you create a bespoke business report and creative writing training courses to meet specific organisational and individual goals.
By attending one of our report writing courses, participants will have:
- Gained an understanding of the reason for the different types of report formats and when, why and how they should be used
- Produced clear and logical structures which project the messages they wish to communicate
- Used some tried and tested report writing techniques to persuade and influence their readers
- Learned how to write correctly
What you’ll learn
Principles for effective report writing
- Clarifying objectives
- Undertaking your research
- Constructing your case
- Planning the report
- Structuring the report and testing out the key messages
- Using the appropriate style and tone
- Formatting and finalising the layout of a report
- Calling the reader to action
- Editing and proofreading the report
This report writing training will be delivered in a highly engaging and interactive way, focused on the specific needs of the participants and the organisation.
- Trainer input and tips through short presentation, facilitation and group discussion
- Individual and small group exercises with a facilitated group review of learning
- Practice sessions for participants to complete key elements of writing a report
The business report writing training will be supported with:
- An optional participant pre-course questionnaire
- A workbook with report writing tips, techniques and space for personal notes