This 4-day Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT) Course is designed for anyone interested in becoming a Fiber Optics Technician or who needs to understand or use Fiber Technology within their job. It is accredited by the Fiber Optic Association. This program combines both theory and practical exercises with at least 75% hands-on activities. This course introduces the student to industry standards governing FTTD (Fiber To The Desk), FTTH (Fiber To The Home, LAN/WAN fiber networks and further introduces the student to Practical Fusion and Mechanical Splicing.
The CFOT Course provides participants with the hands-on knowledge and the ability to identify fiber types, recognize various connectors used in fiber installation; and install, terminate, splice and properly fault test installed fiber cable to existing standards. This introductory program also explores the history and future of Fiber Optics and Fiber Optics Capabilities and cost of installation.
What Will You Learn?
- The history and operation of Fiber Optics
- Terminate a variety of connectors
- Perform Fusion Splicing and Mechanical Splicing
- Assemble a Splice enclosure
- Perform cable preparation for Fusion and Mechanical Splicing
- Fully test and troubleshoot Fiber Optic cables and Fiber Optic Systems using an Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR).