This 3-day course explores the business value chain, the underlying business processes and the role of information systems in business operations. The course shares the concept of Porter’s value chain, decomposed into different customer serving business processes.
What Will You Learn?
- Define and describe Enterprise Resource Planning systems
- Understand the generic ERP life cycle and the deliverables within this life cycle
- Define an ERP strategy for their organization
- Create an ERP business case
- Assist in the planning of an ERP project
- Identify the key factors for ERP implementation success in their own business environment
- Be able to plan and facilitate a proper handover from implementation project to operational systems
- Be aware of the common pitfalls to address during ERP upgrades
- Have an appreciation of where ERP systems are heading in the next decade